Are your employees doing the right thing? Are your teams empowered to make the right decision for your customers? At the Constellation Research Connected Enterprise conference, moderator, Esteban Kolsky, Board of Advisor, Constellation Research, grilled a panel of customer experience innovators on just how “digital” was transforming the customer experience.
The panel included:
- Dan Steinman, Chief Customer Officer, Gainsight
- George Wright, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Thunderhead
- Howard Tarnoff, Senior Vice President, Ceridian
- Dave Pennington, Principal, Business Strategy, Microsoft.
It’s a great, short video with a few surprises. Some of my favourite quotes:
- There’s no such thing as a sales process – there’s only a buying experience
- It’s time for marketing to shut up
- What’s the next disruptive thing? It’s engagement
- The days of the check-in call are over
- It’s not all about the data
- Engagement doesn’t mean offer management
The Surprising Truth
But the most interesting thing to me was the focus on culture. We see it over and over again – and it is the most difficult challenge for organisations. While you can buy technology, you can’t buy the hearts, minds and engaged focus of your employees.
And while they may have all the customer data ever needed, without the right focus, support and attitude, you still won’t get the sale.
Need to harmonise your approach? Or bring technology and people together? We can help.