On the last Friday of every month, Vibewire in conjunction with The Powerhouse Museum, host fastBREAK, a rapid fire event showcasing young innovators. Starting at 8am, five speakers are given five minutes to tell the story of their innovation – and why it chose them (or why they chose it). But this month the format has changed. It’s bigger and bolder. And it’s on this Sunday as part of Vivid Sydney.
With the theme SAVE THE WORLD, this fastBREAK will feature 5-minute talks by:
- Senator Scott Ludlam, outspoken Greens Senator for WA
- Tom Tilley, triple j’s Hack’s man about town
- Jess Scully, the creative powerhouse behind Sydney’s Vivid Ideas festival
- Urthboy, music innovator, entrepreneur and performer
- Dan Ilic, comedian and driving force behind A Rational Fear
- Ella Weisbrot, social justice and climate change campaigner with AYCC
- Alex Greenwich, the independent Member of Parliament for Sydney
Jess Scully, festival director of Vivid Ideas and returning fastBREAK headliner said, “Creative people can – and will – save the world. We’ve got the skills, the passion, the radical point of view. When you empower young, creative people to use those skills they’re pretty much unstoppable – because they bring the vital elements of energy and optimism to the mix.”
Since launching in 2010, fastBREAK’s five minute format has showcased over a hundred creative changemakers and provided the inspiration for many more.
At fastBREAK – Save the World – in addition to the speakers, there are also two workshops and a band. And the world famous (ok, locally famous) breakfast courtesy of Black Star Pastry, and visual installations and storytelling courtesy of Sydney Digital Publishing (SDP).
When: Sunday 25 May, 10.30am – 12.30pm
Where: Powerhouse Museum, 500 Harris Street, Ultimo, 2007