This week there has been plenty of discussion around the world of digital. From metrics to trust and selling to strategy, it feels like digital – as a disruptive force – is itself being disrupted. This reinforces the sense that we must continuously update our skills and expertise – and work with one foot in the present and an eye on the future.
- Great article from Ben Kunz on the changing world of digital metrics. In Going for Global Metrics, comScore Dismisses Clicks, he explains that changing consumer behaviour warrants a rethinking of what we measure and how we measure in the digital domain.
- Drew McLellan says the hard sell doesn’t work anymore and argues that Selling Shouldn’t Equal Annoying. I think I agree.
- I almost missed this one – but am glad I didn’t. Roger Martin reminds us that Strategy is Not Planning.
- Have you ever shared a link without checking it first? Admit it! Well, Adrian Snood has a warning for you.
- Ellis Hamburger says you’re not gonna Like it: Facebook’s new search struggles with the real world