Each month, Vibewire, in conjunction with the Powerhouse Museum, hosts a fascinating and always illuminating event that showcases innovators and the ideas, passions and personal motivations that inspire them. Each person is asked to share the personal story – the WHY, not the WHAT or the HOW. In a way – fastBREAK is like a TEDtalks for young people.
In July, the topic for the month was “lies”. Why do we lie and what does it say about us and our world. This topic was explored by
- Hannah Law, social media director with Switched On Media
- Tim Burrowes, journalist extraordinaire and driving force behind Mumbrella
- Simon Cant, innovation consultant at CANTT
- Jack Hilton, magician known as the Great Hiltini
- Dev Singh, entrepreneur and marketing strategist at Sketchpad Ideas
As always, it was a brilliant morning, with Sydney’s art and business communities mingling in the Powerhouse Museum’s fantastic Boiler Room, nourished and inspired by the BlackStar Pastry’s inventive deliciousness.
fastBREAK happens on the lasts Friday of every month from 7:45am. Everyone is welcome – and if you’ve never come, we’d love to see you there in September. Put it into your diary today!